Have you tried streaming yet? Why not? It’s seriously fun (and now that I have a Sonos system throughout the house that streams Rdio, among others) it’s insanely addictive and convenient. I’m closing in on creating my 50th playlist on Rdio. Search for me and you can listen in.
Here are some new developments from that world.
- Google Play Music is experimenting with a “$3 for 3 months” subscription plan.
- Streaming music is really, really hot on smartphones now.
- How much longer are we going to see “freemium” ad-supported tiers. Maybe not much longer if the labels have their way. Other observers are thinking similar things.
- Spotify will pay out more than $1 billion US just to Universal over the next two years.
- Jay Z is back in the hunt for Tidal.