When I cracked open the notebook, I noticed that iTunes had been updated to 12.7. I also noticed that some things were missing.
Go to the drop-down menu in the upper left-hand corner and you’ll see that apps, iTunes U, ringtones and Internet Radio are gone from the list. The overall look is a lot less cluttered, which has been a complaint about iTunes for a while.
So now what? After being used to managing so many things through iTunes, we have to change our thinking.
- If you want to work with the apps on your phone, you’ll have to redownload the apps directly to the device.
- Youll find iTunes U content in the Podcast section.
- Internet radio stations have moved to the sidebar (click Edit to get started).
- Ringtones? They gotta go directly to your device. See “apps” above.
- All books are managed in iBooks for iOS. Go to your device to redownload your books.
Social sharing? Yep. “Apple Music: Now discover music with friends. Members can create profiles and follow each other to see music they are listening to and any playlists they’ve shared.”
If you want iTunes 12.7, you can get it through the App Store. You’ll probably need it if you’re going to upgrade of iOS11.