Super Bowl LVIII is set for February 11, 2024, in Las Vegas. Bookmakers have already begun taking wagers on which act will end up performing at halftime. Before you lay down any money, remember that Taylor Swift has already turned the gig down.
I went through some betting sites and came up with this list of possibilities:
- Miley Cyrus: General consensus is around 2/1-3/1. The NFL has favoured mainstream pop stars, so…maybe? Probably? She’s listed as the favourite on a couple of sites followed by The Killers
- The Killers: Odds are generally set at around 2/1-3/1, too, although a couple of books make them dark horses. I’d think choosing them would make sense since they’re a Las Vegas band. Strangely, Imagine Dragons, who are also from Vegas, don’t seem to hold much betting interesting. Once book has them at +5000, right now there with Linkin Park (seriously!)
- Harry Styles: 8/1-10/1. Another pop star. But is he well-known enough for a Super Bowl crowd?
- Drake: 10/1: Please. He’d rather stay in sports book and drop millions on prop bets.
- Justin Bieber: 10/1 is the number, but he’s pretty much retired from music, hasn’t he?
- AC/DC: They’re listed around 12/1, but given that there are high-profile people in Vegas (including those associated with the Super Bowl Committee) who have said that they’d like to book them, that number might be wrong.
- Billie Eilish: 12/1. Nope. Too down-tempo for a football game.
- Metallica: 12/1. Possibly.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers: Again at 12/1. They made a guest appearance during someone else’s performance (I’ve forgotten who), so…maybe?
- Led Zeppelin: 16/1. A sucker’s bet. It’s more like 1,000,000,000/1.
- Kanye West: 20/1. Under no circumstances will this happen.
- Foo Fighters: Not listed. What?
Others names at other books: Bad Bunny (a favourite on a few), Cher, Dua Lipa, Jack Harlow, Doja Cat, Tegan and Sara (+6000!)
Any other guesses? I feel that Las Vegas is a rockin’ town so for the first time in a long time, it might be a rock band’s turn.