The inauguration performer news just keeps on coming.
1a. As 3 Doors Down continues to be crucified for their decision to pay Donald Trump’s inauguration, a Canadian music fan is doing his best to make sure the band doesn’t tour our country again. All the details can found on the Facebook page called “Keep 3 Doors Down Out of Canada.” (Via Noisey)
1b. All the backlash doesn’t seem to bother 3 Doors Down.
1c. Why 3 Doors Down is the perfect band to play the inauguration.
2. R&B star Chrisette Michele–she won a Grammy in 2009–is apparently going to perform, but everyone is keeping it a big secret lest she be subject to pre-event backlash.
3. Country duo Big & Rich will perform at an event Thursday night.
4. Gospel singer Travis Green will perform at the Liberty Ball Saturday night. That’s been on the down-low, too.
5. Hoping for a surprise appearance by Kanye West (he and Donald have a bromance), it’s not going to happen. Allegedly he’s not “traditionally American enough?” What? Can’t wait for the blowback on that…
6. Nancy Sinatra points out that it might not be a good idea for the First Couple to dance to her father’s “My Way.” After all, the first line of the song is “And now, the end is near…”
7. Some advisors are apparently encouraging Trump to have an inauguration dance with Caitlyn Jenner.
8. LGBTQ activists held a dance party outside of Mike Pence’s house. Nice photos!
9. Anthem singer Jackie Evancho promises not to pull a Beyonce and actually sing live. No lip syncing.
10. Bruce Springsteen played a secret show for outgoing Obama staffers.
11, The New York Times calls the affair “lower-wattage.”
12. Finally, if you want to protest using underpants, a Vancouver company can help you out.