The band with the most unwieldy name of the last few years has to be Salt Lake City’s I Dont [sic] Know How But They Found Me, the duo featuring Dallon Weekes and Ryan Seaman. Here are some facts about them.
(1) The band has existed (at least conceptually) since 2009 but didn’t really get moving until five years later.
(2) The band is heavily influenced by Panic! At the Disco, right down to their strange sense of punctuation. No surprise, really, since Weekes used to tour with the band as a bass player.
(3) Weekes is also a comic book artist. He’s a big fan of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Spider-Man…
(4) …and this shouldn’t surprise you given that he’s from Salt Lake City—Weekes is a serious Mormon. He even worked as a full-time missionary for a couple of years.
(5) His wife has worked as a photo double for Gwyneth Paltrow and Kate Beckinsale.
The last post featured some AWOLNATION facts. And don’t forget to check out my podcast The Ongoing History of New Music where you listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google, Stitcher, or wherever you get your on-demand audio.