Here are a few more music industry facts that I think you’ll find interesting.
1. Sales of ringtones used to be a major, major thing because they kinda faded away. Between 2005 and 2007, they brought in more than a billion US dollars in revenue.
2. Somewhere around 40,000 songs are added to Spotify every single day. There’s even a site called Forgotify that will stream you Spotify songs that have never been heard once.
3. To underscore that, 99% of all streams come from the 10% of tracks.
4. This may be related. A 2016 survey of 2,200 musicians in the UK found that 71% reported some kind of mental health condition.
5. What platform reaches the most people with music? Old-fashioned radio, which is heard by almost 90% of the population every week.
If you missed part one of this post, go here.