Episode 747? The perfect time to write about alt-rock and civil aviation! Air rage. Musician pilots. Plane crashes. Terrorist bombings. And there’s a LOT to talk about.
Songs in this episode:
- Stone Roses, “She Bangs the Drums”
- REM, “Can’t Get There from Here”
- Cranberries, “Zombie”
- Jamiroquai, “Feels Just Like It Should”
- Offspring, “Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)”
- U2, “Vertigo”
- Barenaked Ladies, “Falling for the First Time”
- Public Image Ltd, “Death Disco”
- Blink-182: “Up All Night”
The Ongoing History of New Music can be heard on the following stations:
- 102.1 The Edge/Toronto – Sunday night at 7, Monday night at 11 with archives show Tuesday and Wednesday at midnight.
- Live 88-5/Ottawa
- 107.5 Dave-FM/Kitchener
- FM96/London – Sunday night at 7, Monday night at 11
- The Drive/Kingston
- 98.1 The Bridge/Lethbridge – Saturday night at 6, Sunday morning at 10am
- Rock 97.7/Grand Prairie – Sunday nights at 6.
- Sonic 102.9/Edmonton
- The Zone/Victoria
- The Fox/Vancouver
- Live 105/Halifax
We’re still looking for more affiliates in Kamloops, Kelowna, Regina, Saskatoon, Brandon, Windsor, Montreal, Charlottetown, Moncton, Fredericton, and St John’s and anywhere else with a transmitter. If you’re in any of those markets and you want the show, lemme know and I’ll see what I can do.
If you’re in the US and you want to stream the show, I wish I could help. A performing rights organization called SESAC has made threatening noises about suing non-American radio stations who dare stream into the US without paying crazy fees. Most Canadian broadcasters had no choice but to geo-block their streams. But hey, if you know of an American station that would like to take the show, contact me and we’ll make it a priority.
Oh, and good news: The show will start running on OneFM in Singapore in May. From there. we’re hoping to go deeper into Asia and the make a run at Australia and New Zealand.
Anyone else? Love to hear from you. Just email me at [email protected].