Brent Chittenden

Brent Chittenden is a freelance writer with a gift for the geek. Currently a writer with A Journal Of Musical Things and a podcaster with True North Nerds, he's also written for Comic Book Daily, Explore Music and a dozen other places. Currently, he is the co-host of the True North Nerds podcast. You can find out more at www.facebook.com/bcchittenden

4 thoughts on “The Parents Of Aaralyn and Izzy Are Doing Something Right!

• April 8, 2014 at 7:31 pm

You really don’t know anything about these kids…and yet you think they are awesome. They were on America’s got talent last season. They were advanced to the next round after their original audition. They became a You Tube sensation. People got sick of them real fast. Howie Mandel was the only judge who liked them after that. I’ll say the same thing now that I said then. Just because people watch you on You Tube doesn’t mean they like you. People also watch “fail” videos. Aaralyn simply screams into the microphone, and stomps around the stage, looking mean. If you saw a child behave this way anywhere but on a stage, you would cringe, and demand the racket be stopped. This is not talent. This is not music. This is no better than a temper tantrum. Encouraging your kids in music is great, and these two obviously enjoy themselves and are comfortable and confident on stage, also a great thing, but seriously, how much of this “music” could you really stand?

• April 20, 2015 at 11:03 am

Oh dear…
      Heidi, I hate to pile on but those that have replied to you are right.
      This MUSIC (and yes, it is music) is not my cup of tea.
      I couldn’t listen to very much of this (I got through slightly more than any Neil Diamond song, so they’ve got that going for them).
      But, I could listen to Rush for 24 straight hours, so I choose not to judge others taste in music.

• April 12, 2014 at 2:35 am

Heidi- They were on America’s got talent last season. (TRUE)
    Heidi- They were advanced to the next round after their original audition (TRUE, you left out they advanced again)
    Heidi- They became a You Tube sensation. (At the time it was the most viewed and most ‘liked’ AGT video ever)
    Heidi- People got sick of them real fast. (And you are the peoples representative? They have a pretty healthy fan base of almost 50 thousand people and growing…they put out new material constantly…)
    Heidi-Howie Mandel was the only judge who liked them after that. (Don’t pretend to know what happens behind the scenes of a reality tv show)
    Heidi- just because people watch you on You Tube doesn’t mean they like you. (21.5 million views 140,000 likes to 7700 dislikes. By your own logic that should be reversed)
    Heidi- People also watch “fail” videos (Yup)
    Heidi- Aaralyn simply screams into the microphone, and stomps around the stage, looking mean – (Simple huh? try it. Aaralyn uses a diaphragm technique that is extremely difficult to master. An ignorant person would say Jet fighter pilots simply fly around in circles looking for stuff to shoot)
    Heidi- This is not talent. (Your opinion)
    Heidi- This is not music. (Yes it is. Sorry, but your just wrong on that. You may not like it, but it is music.)
    Heidi- This is no better than a temper tantrum (Your opinion.)
    Heidi- Encouraging your kids in music is great, and these two obviously enjoy themselves and are comfortable and confident on stage, also a great thing, but seriously, how much of this “music” could you really stand? (I’m one of many that enjoy this “music”. Is that ok with you Mein Führer?)

• April 19, 2015 at 9:44 am

“Simple huh? try it. Aaralyn uses a diaphragm technique that is extremely difficult to master. An ignorant person would say Jet fighter pilots simply fly around in circles looking for stuff to shoot)
    Heidi- If you saw a child behave this way anywhere but on a stage, you would cringe, and demand the racket be stopped (she is not ‘Behaving’ she is performing.)”

^^^ Agree with this 100%.

That’s true! How is this simple! I tried this technique (which is called SCREAMO by the way, NOT literally screaming, if you DO scream like that, your throat will hurt like hell. Trust me, I tried. Heck I can’t go for my vocal class to even sing right until I healed and learned the right technique.) And no, this is NOT temper throwing. Look at Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Korn, all these are bands that went down in history!

And yes, it’s music you uncultured swine. Do you even music, bruh. Do you even. Have you even heard of Heavy Metals and Death Metals etc. HAVE YOU.

To be honest, I am truly AMAZED at how this young girl sang, truly amazed. Its a really hard technique and its RARE people can do it.

Let us know what you think!