November was supposed to be a busy time for concerts in Paris but following Friday’s attacks, many shows are being cancelled or postponed.
- Paris has shut down all public spaces, including concert halls.
- The Deftones were set to play a couple of shows at the Bataclan. They obviously will not happen as the venue will remain a crime scene for quite some time.
- Two U2 shows set for Saturday and Sunday have been cancelled. The HBO broadcasts will obviously not happen.
- Bono describes this as “the first direct hit on music.”
- The Foo Fighters have cancelled all their European dates. No surprise since they’re managed by the same company who handles Eagles of Death Metal.
- Simple Plan has cancelled their Paris trip.
- Coldplay has postponed their Paris show…
- …but Justin Bieber plans to go ahead with his.
Meanwhile, the music world continues to mourn the victims of the massacre.
Billy Bragg posted this on his Facebook page.
And then there’s this.
— Rasmus Tantholdt TV2 (@RasmusTantholdt) November 14, 2015