YouTube is the place the galaxy goes for online videos. Bolstering that are these new usage statistics.
- More than 300,000 new videos are uploaded every day. On average, that means 80,000 hours and 24TB of data. Every day.
- The average video runs 15 minutes and is around 86MB in size.
- The busiest time for uploads is 11am ET.
- 32% of videos will be taken down within the first 24 hours, either by users or because of content and copyright issues.
- The most popular category of videos is gaming.
- 93.5% of all videos are in English.