First, you should know when I say “sun” I mean 45 C heat. And “sand” means desert. Millions and million and millions of square miles of desert. Welcome to Dubai in the UAE!
Here’s the job posting.
Dubai Radio Personality Role defined:
The key role we need to fill is of the anchor. The station is targeting 25-44 year olds. There are over 200 nationalities in the UAE so our personalities need to be worldly in their outlook and thinking. Additionally we need;
- Execute basic contemporary radio formatics well
- Knows what a personality is / does
- Has a winning attitude
- Must be a real team player – be visible around the station, be seen to put effort in, be willing to go extra mile
- Must be creative – full of ideas that will work in building the show/station
- Must be brilliant at working and collaborating with other show members, not precious, not domineering
- Must have competitive market experience (market size in excess of 1,000,000)
- Must be able to demonstrate how they were responsible for driving ratings growth as an on-air personality
- Need to have at least 10-years on-air experience, minimum of 5-years on a breakfast show
- Ideally aged between 30-40 years old, preferably single and/or married without children (schooling costs are very high here and can put people off)
- Must be willing to invest 5 years minimum in this market
The salary would be equivalent of up to $USD80,000 and would tax free (at this end). We arrange the necessary visas. The contract term would not be fixed. No preference on Canadian vs. American. Just need to be good and deliver a great sounding show every day and bring in ratings and revenue.
Interested? Drop me a line and I’ll connect you.