Published on October 26th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Monday, October 26, 2015
Back in the home office. The more I visit Vancouver, the more I like it. And now, some music news to start the week.
- Here’s a potentially explosive question about Beyonce: What’s with her desire to have whiter skin? She’s looking, well, awfully caucasian now.
- Here’s another article in that same sphere: Taylor Swift’s racial blind spot.
- The avalanche of Adele “Hello” memes have begun. And so have the tweets.
- Meanwhile, the song could set a new download record in the US.
- And why did Adele use a silly flip-phone in the “Hello” video? There was a reason for it.
- The of Pink Floyd guitarist David Gilmour is something of an anarchist. A REAL anarchist.
- A new documentary about The Jam is coming to DVD and Blu-ray.
- Metric’s Emily Haines is getting deeper into the world of fashion.
- Here’s more on this thing called The Electric Jukebox, which purports to offer a music listening solution for the home. (Q: Aren’t all jukeboxes electric?)
- No jail for The Weeknd after he punched a cop.
- So how’s Alanis Morissette doing these days? Fine, thank you.
- Celebrity pets that are nearly as famous as their owners. Yes, there are some musical people on this list.
- Seven strange excuses for cancelling a concert.
- Jerry Hall, Mick Jagger’s ex, is dating 84-year-old media mogul Rupert Murdoch.
- A GWAR book.
- Is there going to be a new Bowie album in January? That’s the rumour.
- J-Pop meets Islam. This is interesting.