Published on January 22nd, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music New for Friday, January 22, 2016
On this day in 1889, Columbia Phonograph was formed in Washington, DC. It survives today as Columbia Records, part of Sony.
- Apple is testing a new Li-Fi (yes, “Li-Fi”) standard for iPhone 7 that’s 100 times faster than what we have now. Lab tests have hit 224 gigabits per second.
- When Glenn Frey was still alive, you never, ever brought up The Big Lebowski with him.
- “X Factor ruined my daughter’s life!”
- Points for the ugly guys!
- David Bowie’s US music sales has increased by 5,000% since he died.
- There will be a massive Bowie singalong at Glastonbury.
- The deaths of David Bowie and Glenn Frey: Let’s contrast and compare the reactions.
- Here’s Arcade Fire’s New Orleans send-off to David Bowie.
- And Captain Kirk had something to say about Bowie’s passing.
- Some British newspapers are really, really desperate to find a local angle to Bowie’s death.
- Did Ted Nugent really call for the lynching of Barack Obama?
- The latest Glastonbury rumours.
- The Martin Scorsese/Mick Jagger HBO drama Vinyl took years to come together. Here’s the story.
- The plight of a 21 year-old Chicago funeral singer: this is sad.
- Should you be interested in bird songs, here’s an interesting discovery from the Himalayas.
- An Australian music festival is accused of being bad for koala bears.
- Is this the iPhone 7c?