Published on August 14th, 2014 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for August 14, 2014
Singer David Crosby is 73 today. Most of him, anyway.
- It’ll cost the city of Chicago $266,000 to repair the damage of Lollapalooza.
- Chris Walla will leave Death Cab for Cutie after 17 years. His last gig with the band will be at the Rifflandia festival in Victoria BC next month.
- Something might be wrong with Aerosmith drummer Joey Kramer’s heart. Is surgery next?
- The guys from KISS frightened babies at a Toronto hospital. They also gave post-natal advice to new moms. No, really.
- This could be the best karaoke bar in the world.
- U2 is doing a massive video shoot on the French Riviera right now. (Thanks to Bobby for the link.)
- U2 deserves some props for this music education effort. The Edge is really big into this sort of thing. (Thanks to Michael for the tip.)
- On related note, you can now go for a degree in music therapy here.
- So what’s Brazil going to do with all those stadia they built for the World Cup? Concerts.
- Google is experimenting with a new type of music search.