Random Music News for August 4, 2014
It’s our 24th wedding anniversary! I guess I should get a card, huh?
- I bring that up because Beyonce and Jay Z are now touring with lawyers to make sure their marriage doesn’t blow up.
- And they might need a lawyer or two after a man bit off another man’s finger at a recent show.
- Rush gets a Toronto park named after them.
- Spandau Ballet is going to release their first album in 25 years. Joy.
- Another reason to hate Justin Bieber.
- Ex-NHLer Chris Mason is now playing in the German Elite League. He’s painted his facemask Iron Maiden-style. I like that Eddie is carrying a Canadian flag. (Thanks to Tom for this.)
- A guy proposed to his girlfriend at an Arcade Fire show.
- The punk rock story of the cat known as Lil Bub.
- Bon Jovi promises to keep the Bills in Buffalo. Then again, the letter to the city does contain a lot of weasel words.
- On the connected car front, upcoming Cadillacs will offer wireless charging of smart phones.
- James Brown bio-pic Get On Up debuts at #3. Not bad.
- Now that Apple has officially swallowed Beats, Beats’ head Ian Rogers will now also run iTunes Radio.