Tokyo Telecommunications Engineering–the company that eventually became Sony–started selling transistor radios in Japan on this day in 1955.
- Culture Club goes classical.
- This violin doubled as a war diary.
- The shoegaze revival is ON!
- Rush’s Neil Peart has another new book coming in October. This one is called Far and Away.
- Weird Al for the Super Bowl? Maybe. Here’s how you can help.
- Here’s a new reason for quitting a band: chronic insomnia.
- An authorized biography of Nick Drake is coming this fall.
- A US Miley Cyrus TV special is being investigated by the FCC because of viewer complaints.
- Audio hallucinations from video games? It can happen.