Random Music News for Thursday, February 9, 2023
Fawlty Towers is getting a reboot–and the guy doing it is…John Cleese. I reserve the right to stand in judgment of the final product. Now you can judge me on my curation of music news for February 9, 2023.
- What’s Spotify’s plans for podcasts now?
- Speaking of which, what happens when you pull your music off Spotify? Let’s take a look.
- That is one loooooooooong memoir.
- Here are some fascinating predictions for the future of TV and radio by people who should know what’s gonna happen.
- It never ceases to amaze me the number of ways Morrissey is able to be petulant.
- Wow. The latest salvos in the Pink Floyd feud are UGLY.
- Live music audiences suck right now. Discuss.
- Prepare yourself for a possible ‘NSYNC reunion.
- When it comes to Ticketmaster selling Beyonce tickets, so far, so good.
- And Ticketmaster has this blog post about how they’re fighting “abusive ticket scalping.”
- I missed this: The inventor of Auto-Tune got a special Grammy Award this past weekend. Thoughts?
- The new AI-powered Bing! Is it enough when we have Google?
- Some handwritten David Bowie lyrics just sold for big dollars at auction.
BONUS: Thunder Cash ’69. (Via Danny)