I completely forgot that we had a long weekend this week. Frankly, EVERY weekend for the last month has been long. Very long.
Here’s your music news for Friday, April 10, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: Ticketing company Eventbrite has had to lay off 45% of its staff.
- Coronavirus update 2: Lady Gaga helped raise over US$35 million for the World Health Organization.
- Coronavirus update 3: Here are more stats on the use of radio during the coronavirus. Listening at home in Canada s up 29%.
- Coronavirus update 4: Impala, an industry group representing indies, has this handy map of how Europe is handling things in regard to the music sector.
- Coronavirus update 5: Halsey has donated 100,000 masks to California hospitals.
- Coronavirus update 6: The Manic Street Preachers have announced two big benefit gigs for December. The first will be free to members of Britain’s National Health Service.
- There have been some stabbings in the neighbourhood of Noel Gallagher’s new mansion. He’s spending more on security now.
- Philly-based rapper Chynna has died. No cause given. (BTW, she released an EP entitled In Case I Die First last year._
- This new technology should made your podcast sound better.
- “Drake’s Toronto mansion looks like a casino and cruise had a baby together.” Discuss.
- Meanwhile, a Beverly Hills mansion once owned by Prince is selling for US$30 million.
- Scientists took at look at the brain of jazz musicians as they improvised. What they found was surprising.
- And while we’re on the subject, here are five reasons why your brain will thank you for being a musician. (Via Andrew)
- Doing more video calls these days? Read this first.
- A Nickelback documentary is coming soon.
- If you’re a fan of Rush and Neil Peart, check out this dude.