Published on April 13th, 2018 | by Alan Cross1
Random music news for Friday, April 13, 2018
Superstitious? Don’t be silly. But be careful just in case, you know? Here’s what we have for music news on April 13, 2018.
- There’s definitely a Tragically Hip song in here somewhere. Oh, wait. There already is.
- Naturally, Mark Zuckerberg’s testimony in Washington has resulted in a bunch of memes.
- Usain Bolt played a DJ gig in Australia this week. He had a great time, apparently.
- Ever hear of the streaming site Pure Volume? Doesn’t matter because it’s shutting down.
- This “singing road” is really pissing off the neighborhood.
- Has Banksy been outside as Gorillaz artist Jamie Hewlett?
- Time for Coachella. Yes, we can talk about the music but some would rather talk about clothes.
- Apple Music says it now has 40 million paying subscribers.
- Meanwhile, Spotify is really going after radio in the car.
- This is getting creepy: What’s Amazon’s Alexa listening for? Everything we say?
- Read Bruce Dickinson’s book and learn how to survive throat cancer.
- Interesting: some pop superstar acts are really struggling these days. Here’s are some thoughts about that.
- Note that Spotify has added social media links and media galleries. Why no link to artist websites, though?
- A Chinese dude was arrested when facial recognition technology was used at a pop concert. (Via Tom)
- Is it time for a Milli Vanilli biopic? Maybe.
- The aging DJ: Still spinning.
- There’s a solo album from one of the members of Spinal Tap? Yes–and it’s out today.