Still not washing your hands enough? This video by Yonge Street legends might help.
Now on to music news for April 16, 2021.
- Arcade Fire has released a 45-minute instrumental track designed for COVID-era meditation called “Memories of the Age of Anxiety.”
- LA’s Cinerama Dome movie theatre is closing forever because of COVID. Here’s a story that links the theatre with The Doors.
- Osheaga is fighting with Montreal over the number of stages it can use.
- I can’t quite figure why all these concerts are being scheduled for Toronto.
- NFTs for good: US$200,000 raised for the Save Our Stages fund.
- Spotify has launched some new podcast charts (just for the US, though.)
- And Spotify is getting deeper into promoting livestreams.
- Amazon Alexa’s earbuds are coming back.
- A fifth of all the songs streamed in the UK last year were rap and hip-hop.
- Here’s what Tim Horton’s can teach musicians about audience engagement. No, really.
- Waking up to your favourite song will make you feel less groggy. See?
- There’s a Joey Ramone biopic in the works. Who’s going to play Joe? Pete Davidson.