Random music news for Friday, April 21, 2023
Would you want to work for Elon Musk after reading this? Moving on to music news for April 21, 2023.
- Few people have had as miserable week as Frank Ocean after his disastrous Coachella set.
- Speaking of Coachella, here’s how much headliners get paid.
- Here’s another summer festival that’s in trouble.
- Which group of music fans are now among the most active users of streaming? Country fans.
- Why does one song have 49 different titles on Spotify? It’s a scam.
- Fan Club for Climate is a music-based organization working to right climate change.
- Turns out that Apple is very good at blocking spyware.
- That’s one cool Apple store.
- No coronation concert for Prince Harry. He’ll skip it and go back to California.
- A new study finds that even listening to music will help stave off dementia.
- Well, these are awkward. (Via Andrew)
- K-pop star Moon Bin was found dead at his home in Seoul. He was just 25.
- This is a stupid vinyl cash grab.
- This year’s Eurovision Song Contest was supposed to be in Ukraine, but it’s been moved to Liverpool because of–well, you know. The country is still sending an entry. (Via Sean)
- Let’s talk about proposed Indigenous music quotas for Canadian radio.
BONUS: If you want to start your weekend off with a smile, spend some time watching these baby gorilla brothers play.