Random music news for Friday, April 6, 2018
Today is the long trip home from Asia. Thanks to crossing to the dateline, April 6, 2018, will be about 36 hours long. Lovely. Now here’s some music news.
- YouTube has increased security at their HQ in San Francisco following the shooting this week.
- The gender pay gap in the UK music industry is unbelievable. This is insane.
- Live Nation’s gender pay gap is terrible, too.
- What do smart speakers mean for the music industry? Let’s make some predictions.
- Too much loud music? Here’s a promising possibly treatment for people who have lost their hearing.
- This band is giving the authorities in Turkey fits. Good.
- Would you like to bid on Frank Sinatra’s old Vicodin bottle? You can.
- Bob Dylan did something pretty progressive when honouring LGTBTQ couples.
- This male voice choir has been ordered to admit women.
- Morrissey has a new blog. He’s using it to be grumpy, of course.
- Here’s the latest iOS app for DJs. It’s called Soda.
- “Despacito” is now up to five billion views on YouTube.
- Because everyone loves videos of singing dogs, here’s another one.
- Being a roadie for Queen was apparently pretty cool.
- Guitarist Mark Knopfler won’t be there when Dire Straits gets inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this month.
- Oh, lord, Lorde, this wasn’t very smart.
- The infamous Chelsea Hotel will soon be selling off interesting souvenirs relating to its famous former musician/artist guests.