I’m going to be hosting an online music trivia contest for charity in a couple of weeks. Wanna play? Get tickets here. Think about it as you run through music news for April 8, 2022.
- Here’s a big problem for 2022: Too many concerts, so little time. (Paywall)
- And the replacement for Kanye at Coachella is…
- With Kanye pulling out of Coachella with two weeks to go, The Weeknd is demanding Ye’s paycheque. Here’s why.
- The Weeknd has sunk a bunch of money into a personalized song creation company.
- How does playlisting on Spotify help break artists? Here’s a report.
- Amazon Music streaming prices are set to rise in Canada (and the US and UK, too).
- Here’s a deeper dive into the scourge of fake artists on Spotify.
- Yes, Twitter is working on an edit button. But no, this had nothing to do with Elon Musk’s recent tweet.
- You know what’s suffering because of COVID? Brass bands.
- Dethlok lives!
- Wait: There’s a security flaw in AirPods? Apparently.
- Despite the supply problems with vinyl records, sales continue to go up.
- People are making their own pro-Ukraine/anti-Russia YouTube videos–like this one.
- Gotta see this movie Metal Lords. It’s from the guy who gave us Game of Thrones.
- And this documentary on A-ha looks very interesting.
- Joy Division and Coronation Street, together at last.
- By all means, take your climate science advice from this guy.
- Metallica’s Cliff Burton is getting his own museum.
BONUS: This is how we’re going to use the metaverse? Seriously?