If you’re a cyclist, you might find this cool. Next up: music news for April 9, 2021.
- By the way, if you read anything about AI song written in the style of Kurt Cobain (like here, here, here, and a million other sources from around the world), this is from the Lost Tapes of the 27 Club project I was involved in last month. Nice to see it catching on!
- Question: Should alternative rock again? Answer: YES, PLEASE!
- Here comes another US$1 billion to buy up music publishing catalogues.
- It’s probably time to go back and listen to Laurie Anderson’s Big Science album. Here’s why.
- Remember the #MeToo legal battle between Kesha and Dr. Luke? It’s still going on.
- Prince once demanded $10,000 worth of flowers on his concert rider. Is anyone surprised?
- Into TikTok? The platform has announced some new “immersive music creative effects.”
- Lil Nas X has a new online video game called Twerk Hero. No, really.
- Amazon Music has a new thing called Car Mode for easier use while driving.
- Twenty One Pilots’ sixth album, Scaled and Icy, will be out May 21.
- This music video might be making kids vape.
- New Zealand radio culture is toxic? Kiwis? Really?
- Has radio lost the battle for the ear? Discuss.
- The Prime Minister of Jamaica isn’t a fan of…Jamaican music. Of course, some Jamaican musicians have something to say about that.
- This looks good: A book about the Toronto metal scene of the 1980s.
- Would you like some Juno stamps? Go here.
BONUS: A proper use for cassettes these days. (Via Carl)