Like Space Invaders? You haven’t seen anything like this. Time for some music news for August 13, 2021.
- This isn’t good: Only 35 out of 70,000 Garth Brooks fans got vaccines before Kansas City show.
- This year’s Lollapalooza festival can’t be declared a superspreader event–at least not yet. At the very least, this proves that vaccine requirements for festival can work.
- Lost track of the allegatins against Marilyn Manson? Here’s a handy timeline.
- The jury for R Kelly’s trial has been selected.
- Emimen’s ex-wife, Kim Scott, was apparently hospitalized after a suicide attempt.
- Dolly Parton and James Patterson are writing a novel together. Yes, THAT Dolly Parton.
- The Killers’ new album, Pressure Machine, is out today. Here’s an interview with the band.
- Triumph will be among the inductees into the Metal Hall of Fame this year.
- Speaking of metal, there’s a new metal beer coming.
- Yesterday was the 30th anniversary of the release of Metallica’s black album. It has sold around 30 million copies worldwide and still sells about 5,000 copies a week.
- YouTube just opened a new 6,000 seat venue in California.
- Here’s how Canadian radio puts money back into the talent ecosystem–and how it could be improved.
- There’s a new genre out of Tanzania called “singeli” which is played at around 300 bpm. It involves twerking, too.
- Got some famous concert posters on your wall? Take a look at these.
- Need a hologram? Check out this package.
- Uh, thanks, David Crosby?
- Ew. Gross.
BONUS: This is the best-ever slide into home plate.
More news? Check here.