A big day in 1888: Thomas Edison played a recording of “The Lost Chord” by English composer Arthur Sullivan‘s during a press conference introducing his phonograph in London, England. This was one of the very first musical recordings ever made.
Now, on to music news…
- Billy Joel just became a new father–at age 66.
- Here are the details on Chris Cornell’s new solo album.
- That’ll be DOCTOR Ed Sheeran soon.
- Here’s an interesting list: 10 Russian boy bands.
- There are new Stats Canada numbers on the health of the Canadian sound recording and music publishing industry.
- Canadian lyrics search engine company LyricFind has expanded into China.
- Another example of how podcasts are now being taken seriously: they’re now being sold to sponsors just like new TV shows.
- The Pope has screwed up touring plans for this metal band.
- Ten artists who made apps that are worth downloading.
- LG plans a music service for its phone customers.