Off to Winnipeg to see my parents for the first time in two years. I haven’t been on a plane since January 9, 2020. This will be interesting. Meanwhile, here’s some music news for August 20, 2021.
- Nine Inch Nails has canceled their 2021 tour over COVID concerns.
- Garth Brooks has canceled five shows for the same reason.
- Stevie Nicks admits to doing a LOT of cocaine.
- R Kelly’s sexual assault/sexual predator trial has begun.
- Liam Gallagher played the first of three benefit shows for British health care workers.
- This is England’s smallest record store.
- The latest member of The Go-Go’s to write a book is drummer Gina Schock.
- Nice venue! Maybe the nicest COVID-safe venue I’ve seen!
- This Lady Gaga video is all VR. Here’s how it works. And watch out for a company called CEEK. (Via Sean)
- A good learning tool: An interactive map of female composers through history. (Sean again)
- Apple has launched a new game show starring musicians. Here’s the first episode of Play, Pause, Delete.
- This is now officially a thing: Weird Spotify playlists.
- Metal Beethoven!
- Pharrell Williams’ cousin was shot. It’s been ruled a homicide.
BONUS: Does any of this feel familiar?
More news? Check here.