“Man dies after using adhesive instead of a condom during sex.” That was in Florida, of course. The rest of this music news for August 27 doesn’t have anything to do with Florida. I think.
- KISS have canceled a show. Paul Stanley has COVID.
- The PIxies have canceled their US tour. COVID.
- Is COVID killing live music again? Discuss.
- However, Ottawa Bluesfest is coming back for a couple of weekends next month. Details here.
- Busta Rhymes doesn’t like masks. Dummy.
- In a case of interesting timing, a Rolling Stones museum exhibit will soon open in Kitchener, Ontario.
- Gene Simmons says he’s sorry. Wait–what?
- If you’re a Rush fan, there’s a book coming in October that highlights the artwork of Hugh Syme.
- Yes, there will be an expanded version of The Beatles’ Let It Be album. Details here.
- Pieces of the Grateful Dead’s famous Wall of Sound PA are going up for sale.
- Why is Spotify taking down the music of these bands? No one knows.
- OnlyFans is back in the Adult content business.
- And now Sting is coming to the Las Vegas Strip.
- Kanye is being a putz again. Ask Drake.
- Afghanistan: The Musical.
- Have you noticed this new trend for the music in movie trailers?
BONUS: If you’re going to be travelling somewhere this weekend, I know this will feel familiar.
More news? Check here.