Mom! You’re embarrassing me! (Via Tom) Now here’s some music news for August 4, 2023.
- I wonder if my music news posts will be stripped out by Meta because of the company’s opposition to Bill C-18? Let me know if you have issues.
- SiriusXM satellite radio has a “next-generation platform” coming next year. I wonder what that means?
- Things are looking financially dire for music festivals around the world. Here’s an example.
- Spotify’s Gustav Söderström has released this video about how the company views AI.
- Here are two new AI-and-music tools: AudioCraft by Meta and another called Cassette.
- Some Metallica fans are real dummies.
- This Toronto dude sold Post Malone a card for $2.64 million. You’ll probably want details, right?
- Scotland’s Rod Stewart is finally launching his own scotch.
- Into cycling? Here are this summer’s the most popular cycling playlist songs.
- Ever hear of The Live Music Archive? There are 250,000 performances you can listen to for free.
- Well, that’s an odd music collectible. It certainly escalated quickly.
- Fun: That time Alice Cooper was on The Muppets. (Via Tom)
- Every European dance song of the 1990s, condensed into 51 seconds.
- The Mexican city of Chihuahua has launched a ban on misogynistic songs.
- Lollapalooza is this weekend in Chicago. Here’s how to watch.
BONUS: The genuine healthy ageing therapeutic use of…fart gas?
BONUS BONUS: Which side would you pick with this recycling bin? (Via Peter) On a related note, there was some recent awkwardness for Uncle Noel.