If you’re having a bad day, spare a thought for the guy who accidentally tossed US$184 million in crypto on a hard drive into a landfill. Oops. Now some music news for August 5, 2022.
- Today’s top headline: “Meghan Trainor music stop talking about her husband’s poop–immediately.”
- If you’re going to wear a controversial t-shirt on stage, make sure people understand what you’re really trying to say.
- One Beyonce song required 24 writers? Why?
- Still can’t get enough stories on the $5,000 Bruce Springsteen tickets? Read this.
- It’s rough at SoundCloud. The company is laying off one-fifth of its global workforce.
- Do stingrays make a sound? Yes, they do–but we’ve never heard them until now.
- Apple’s next-gen version of CarPlay is scaring the crap out of auto manufacturers. Here’s why.
- Exploring the guitars of Jerry Garcia.
- This new font is based on musical notation. (Via Roz)
- Why do older artists dominate so much of pop culture? Here’s an explanation.
- You can now buy concert tickets on TikTok.
- All of John Hughes soundtracks are finally be collected into a big box set.
- BAD boy band boy. BAD!
- Drake with a Maybach because Drake.
- If you like cover versions, you need to follow this account.
BONUS: Back to people having bad days: These people were caught on the Disney Ride “It’s a Small World” FOR OVER AN HOUR! Pray that they recover.
BONUS BONUS: I guess everyone needs a hobby.