What happens on the internet in a minute? This. I wonder how many people are looking at music news for August 6 during any given minute?
- If you’ve been following the saga of the two Michaels–the two Canadians jailed in China for…something–you’ll be interested in this punk rock connection.
- And the mystery buyer of Wu-Tang Clan’s Once Upon a Time in Shaolin is...
- Emo-themed wrestling? It exists.
- Ontario has pledged $49 mllion to help with the return of live events.
- And here’s how one venue is trying to raise money to stay in business. (Via Larry)
- Wait: Dr Dre’s eldest daughter is homeless and living out of her car?
- Rihanna is now officially a billionaire–and the world’s richest female musician.
- U2 has a limited-edition live album on the way.
- This new visa-free touring prospect in the EU has UK artists relieved.
- Should Styx be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? There’s now a petition.
- The Weeknd’s new video may cause seizures.
- Some handwritten Beatles setlists are going up for auction.
- Clear your music, people!
- Here’s an article on the 440 hz musical conspiracy. I wrote about that here.
- Sounds fun, but what about COVID?
- The South Park guys just got a new production deal worth US$900 MILLION.
- Astronomers have discovered something that they call a “champagne supernova.”
BONUS: Love these photos!
More news? Check here.