Random music news for Friday, August 7, 2020
Deep into the
vacation staycation. I’ve discovered that there’s so much left to do around the house that I might have to take another week somewhere. Either that or I’m just lazy. Yeah, that’s probably it. Here’s music news for August 7, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: Live Nation revenues are down 98%. No gigs, no revenue.
- Coronavirus update 2: This doc looks at the effect of COVID-19 on the electronic music industry.
- “The loudest roar in the universe.” That’s…loud.
- On a similar topic, here are the 50 most head-bangable songs of all time. (Via Tom)
- Mariah Carey’s sister is suing their mother for sexual abuse.
- Takeoff of Migos has been accused of rape.
- Corey Taylor of Slipknot is worried about Kayne.
- Samsung has some interesting new earbuds.
- Jay-Z University? Yep.
- Fun fact: 88.4% of videos on YouTube generate less than 1,000 views.
- Reels is a new feature from Instagram aimed squarely at TikTok.
- Noel Gallagher is planning an album of cover versions that he recorded at home.
- “The Rise and Rise of Music Podcasts.” Discuss.
- Here are some interesting facts about the composition of “O Canada.”
- Interested in music theory? Here’s a gamefied workout app for your ear called ToneGym.
- I was on yet another podcast. Listen here.