The Muppets covering The Beastie Boys? Yep. Hey, I laughed. Now some deadly serious (mostly) music news for December 23, 2022.
- You might find this interesting: “Ticketmaster’s Dark History.”
- Two members of Journey are fighting because one of them played Donald Trump events.
- Any second now, The Weeknd’s “Blinding Lights” will pass Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You” as the most-streamed song in the history of Spotify.
- The Punk Rock Museum is set to open in Las Vegas in March. Details here.
- The rail strike in the UK is KILLING live music venues.
- Justin Bieber loves his new Leaf-branded merch…
- …but he thinks that his H&M clothes are garbage.
- If you’re a musician, manager, promoter, or label person, you should really have a look at this app called Muso.AI.
- A few years ago, Iron Maiden’s Nico McBrain battled his way through laryngeal cancer.
- Bob Dylan is a fan of Coronation Street. He was offered a role on the show.
- One of those Nigerian prince scams was perpetrated on a British radio station.
- How about a black metal anti-Christmas playlist? Sure!
- Interesting: Sales of Christmas music are down this year. Streaming? Or too much overall competition?
- On a related note, people’s streaming habits change during the holidays.
- No, The Housemartin’s “Caravan of Love” isn’t a Christmas song. Wait. Hang on….
BONUS: I’d forgotten at Mark E. Smith and The Fall once released a Christmas song.