The alleged “greatest game ever played” took place this date 60 years ago. Was it really that great? Debate that after you scan music news for December 28, 2018.
- Today’s weird headline: “Song ignites 200-person brawl at Virginia skating rink.” And before you ask, we don’t know what song it was.
- Today’s other weird headline: “Chris Brown slapped with charges over
exoticmonkey.” Better yet: “Chris Brown Charged With Pet Monkey-Related Misdemeanors.”
- So much for Michael Anthony being on board for this “original lineup of Van Halen” reunion tour. He says he hasn’t spoken to anyone from the band since 2004. (Via Michael. No, not him.)
- According to Billboard, 2018 was both the best and worst of times for pop music.
- Tay-Tay just unloaded some NYC real estate. The rich are not like you and
- Justin Bieber is now designing…hotel slippers?
- A Rolling Stones-based ballet is coming to North America.
- Radio vs. smart speakers in America: an interesting battle.
- The Scorpions now have their own whiskey.
- Jay-Z’s grandmother now has her own park bench.
- Looking for some Elvis- and Prince-related real estate? Start here. And if you need Kimye real estate news, there’s this.
- One of Iggy Azalea’s dancers had a seizure and collapsed in the middle of a show.
- Church probably should be a No Macarena zone…
- It seems that the IRS wants a piece of Aretha Franklin’s estate.
- Ever wondered who dresses rock stars? Read this.