Before we proceed, here’s a dating app story with a happy ending. I think. (Scroll down for part 2.)
On to music news for December 4, 2020.
- Justin Trudeau says his government won’t cut support to the entertainment sector. I should hope not.
- Interesting question: Is there an unhealthy amount of music to listen to?
- Metallica Monopoly is back!
- “Odd radio circles” have astronomers flummoxed.
- This is how bad it is for movie studios and especially theatres. VERY bad.
- Whatever happened to Fine Young Cannibals? This.
- A good question: When is the best time to release your music?
- The Phil Collins divorce continues to be weird.
- Three of Eddie Van Halen’s guitars just sold for US$400,000.
- Have you got a guitar like this in your closet?
- The top ten most-streamed songs from these artists might surprise you.
- Sweet, I guess…
- Snoop Dogg is the head of a new boxing league. Wait–what?
- Who knew that US newscasters could make this much money?
- This is concerning: A new bill could mean the end of Canadian ownership in Canadian broadcasting.
- The story about the cowbell on “Don’t Fear the Reaper” is deeper than we thought.
- And if American’s think we won’t invade, hah! Here are the troops. (Via Sean)