Random music news for Friday, February 10, 2023
Scientists have pinpointed the exact minute your day is at its most stressful. Good to know, I supposed. Also good to know: music news for February 10, 2023.
- Here’s another story on how new visa fees for Canadians touring the US are just insane. It’s going to hurt all foreign musicians. The Brits are also investigating.
- On that same topic, it’s tough enough to be a musician on the road in the first place.
- Wait: The Canadian government is buying ads on TikTok? There are problems with that.
- Ontario’s Boots or Hearts festival has a pretty eclectic lineup this year (ref. Nickelback).
- Black Sabbath, the ballet.
- SpongeBob, the Toronto rave.
- This guy loved his Scrabble so much, he stabbed someone to death for playing music too loud during his game.
- A new study say that podcast listeners pay attention to the ads.
- This is where we’re going with AI and music. Be afraid.
- Video games aren’t melting your kid’s brain. Details here.
- This vinyl scandal continues.
- Canadian rap pioneer Maestro Fresh Wes has a new cooking show.
BONUS: I never thought of this, but what time is it on the Moon?
BONUS BONUS: I have things in my fridge older than Leo DiCaprio’s latest girlfriend. Other people have thoughts, too.