Random music news for Friday, February 11, 2022
Futurama is coming back with all the original voices! Something to look forward to–but only after we go through music news for February 11, 2022.
- Spotify’s valuation is half of what it was a year ago. Would maybe some big tech company swoop in and buy it? Feel free to speculate wildly.
- Yeah, like this excuse works, Joe Rogan.
- Shock: Kanye West is a big baby.
- The three major record labels made US$2.3 million an hour in 2021.
- Jon Appleton, a pioneer in electronic music programming, has died. He helped created the Synclavier.
- Snoop Dogg wins. He’s the new owner of Death Row Records. Suge Knight is having a bad week.
- And Snoop is offering this NFT.
- Bryan Ferry is going to publish a book of his lyrics.
- This got…weird, didn’t it?
- The Prince estate has split in two. This will get uglier.
- Interesting: “Do we really need The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?“
- Want to own Casey Kasem’s microphone? Now you can.
- Well, this is a niche genre of music.
- A book on the philosophy of Metallica? Yup.
More news? Check here.