Before we begin, it’s worth remembering some of the things Rush Limbaugh said about a couple of musicians.
Now on to music news for Friday, February 19, 2021.
- Great. Pitbull believes that COVID is a big conspiracy. Moron.
- LA cops are planning to interview one of Marilyn Manson’s accusers.
- With nothing better to do during the COVID lockdowns, people spent nearly one trillion hours streaming video in 2020.
- Discogs.com, the online music market, saw sales rise 40% in 2020.
- The latest guy to get into the cannabis biz is Travis Barker of blink-182. He has a CBD line.
- When Demi Lovato ODed, she says she had “three strokes and a heart attack.”
- Facebook has banned all news media sharing from Australia.
- An Amazon cuckoo clock? Maybe. It’s up to you, really.
- These metal band promo photos are…awkward.
- Kanye West apparently isn’t doing well in the midst of his divorce from Kim.
- Brilliant: Earrings that double as earbuds.
- This musician helped design a microphone for Mars and the Perseverance rover.
- All Your Base Are Belong to Us twenty years later.
- What’s going on with radio in cars? Let’s get an update.
- A “one-man mosh pit.” Everyone needs a hobby, I guess. (Via Sean)
- If you’re a musician on social media (and really, you should be there), here are seven things you should know.
- And here are some hints to get your podcast heard.
- A positive(?) thing about the pandemic: The planet is at its quietest in decades.