I am the one in any group of eight. Moving to music news for February 25, 2022.
- The Offspring’s Dexter Holland will give the commencement address at Keck School of Medicine.
- Tool will soon release an expanded 30th-anniverary of Opitate...
- …and they have reduced the price–a tiny bit–of their special-edition version of Fear Inoculum after a fan backlash.
- Oh, and Tool stopped a show when a fan collapsed. Good. (And Billy Eilish did it again. Again, good.)
- On a Maynard James Keenan-related note. here’s a message from Puscifer. (Via Sean)
- This video features David Byrne answering the most pressing questions on the internet. (Sean again)
- Drake might be getting into the Jamaican patty business. That would be good for one Toronto place in particular.
- Will Lars Ulrich’s feces save the world from annihilation? This video thinks so.
- They’re late, but Kanye has shared four songs from his Donda 2 album on his Stem player. UPDATE: All the tracks are now out.
- I like this: The Blame Canada Tour with Sum 41 and Simple Plan.
- Things seem to be back on track for Live Nation despite lingering COVID issues.
- How has TikTok helped diversify the music industry? Let’s take a look.
- Wait: Alex Jones is back on Spotify?
- Some musicians (including The Weeknd) have invested in a new mobile game controller.
More news? Check here.
BONUS: This explains NFTs. I think.
BONUS BONUS: If you don’t get the joke, you were never really into cassettes. (Via Tom)