It’s over. The next couple of months will be rough, but things WILL get better this year. Meanwhile, distract yourself with some of the best new optical illusions.
Mind blown enough? Let’s concentrate on some very real music news for January 1, 2020.
- Turns out that ambient music was more important than ever in 2020.
- TikTok saw 70 posters get major record deals in 2020.
- These were the most-played Christmas songs in Canada leading up to the big day and a few days beyond. (Via Danny)
- Spotify now has a “plagiarism detector.”
- In the US, Ticketmaster agrees to pay US$10 million for spying on a competitor.
- There’s a podcasting war shaping up between Spotify and Amazon this year.
- Have you been binge listening during COVID? You’re not alone.
- Expect to see a lot more of Spinal Tap in 2021. Here’s why.
- Paul McCartney says he’s been talking to George Harrison’s spirit through a tree.
- There are Oasis fans and then there are OASIS FANS. Like this guy. (Via Tom)
- Hey, 90s kids! Here’s an interview with Max Collins of Eve 6.
- We need a new word for “audiophile.” This is the argument.
- Attention Pink Floyd fans: Here’s an animated video for “One of These Days” that you may have never seen before.
- There are pop music fans and then there are POP MUSIC FANS. (Via Bobby)
- What’s with these bands writing music for children’s shows?