Random music news for Friday, January 10, 2020
After spending the week at CES in Las Vegas, I found myself annoyed at having to deal with pennies and dollar bills. I don’t miss them at all. On to music new for January 10,2020.
- If you’re hoping to have a smart home where all the gear talks to each other regardless of make or model, there’s very good news.
- It appears at the My Chemical Romance reunion is going to be very profitable.
- David Lee Roth says that Eddie Van Halen is “not doing well.”
- Dolly Parton: “Do not listen to this new music until I’m dead.”
- The Katy Perry “Dark Horse” copyright infringement trial continues. I really hope she wins.
- There’s a new update to Bluetooth technology. This should make connecting devices much better.
- Coldplay now looks at themselves as a “service.”
- Are you a Pink Floyd fan? Try this.
- Spotify has a problem with some Nazi-themed playlists.
- Cool: The Ongoing History of New Music has been nominated for a Canadian Podcast Award!
- It’s not just all K-pop in in South Korea. There’s a metal scene, too.
- Tom DeLonge has sold his copyright to the songs he wrote for Blink-182. Is this to fund his UFO research?