Cannabis stops COVID? It works in the lab. Consider that as you browse through music news for January 14, 2022.
- Let’s begin with some hope for the Canadian live music industry.
- Ye punched out a fan. There’s video, of course.
- This new Canadian over-the-air radio station broadcasts for only two hours a week. Here’s the CRTC decision.
- Evan Rachel Wood, one of Marilyn Manson’s exes, has shot a doc on what happened between them.
- Weigh in on this fight: Which Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees DON’T belong there?
- Kim Kardashian is being sued for pumping and dumping. (Via Andrew)
- A quick correction to some stats from last year is required–but the net result is essentially the same.
- Flea flub.
- If you’re interested in the early days of British punk (not to mention the rise of female personalities), then you’ll want to see this new documentary on Poly Styrene of X-Ray Spex.
- If you’re a musician on TikTok, here’s some important reading on what’s happening with the platform.
- There’s some turmoil in Spotify’s podcast division. This comes after the company opened a big podcast campus in LA.
- Apparently our musical tastes affect our spending habits. That’s what this study says.
BONUS: This must be unbearably cute.
More news? Check here.