Random music news for Friday, January 17, 2020
Today marks three years with Trump as president. Seems longer. Here’s what I have for music news on January 17, 2020.
- Speaking of whom, REM is considering legal action against Trump for using their music at his rallies.
- Demi Lovato has been tagged to sing the national anthem at the Super Bowl.
- A Spike Jonze-directed Beastie Boys documentary is coming in April.
- A concert from Kim Jong-Un. Good thing for the musicians that he was entertained.
- Trent Reznor has become a father for the fifth time. Fifth!
- This is a cool idea for record collectors.
- Roland has a new set of electronic drums that look like…drums.
- Uh, thanks, Kanye. I guess.
- So what do critics think of the Alanis Morissette Broadway musical Jagged Little Pill? Here’s a sample.
- Some of the cars in James Hetfield’s collection will go on display in a museum.
- Soundgarden and Vicky Cornell are close to an agreement that would see unreleased material featuring Chris Cornell to be issued.
- “Would you please GO AWAY!”
- Cow chat.
- Radio is still doing fine. See?
- Guitar abuse. Oh, the humanity.
- Who knew that Harry and Meghan were fans of the Stone Roses?