Published on January 18th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, January 18, 2019
I promise to take down the Christmas tree this weekend. Promise. Or at least as soon as I finish with music news for January 18, 2019.
- Hang on: Colin Kaepernick did NOT give his blessing to Travis Scott to play the Super Bowl halftime show.
- Plenty of artists turned down a chance to play the Super Bowl halftime show for fear of blowback, but many have no trouble playing other gigs related to the game.
- Lorna Doom, the bassist for The Germs (a seminal LA punk band that once featured the Foo Fighters’ Pat Smear), has died.
- Soon you’ll be able to cruise the Caribbean like a rock star, thanks to Richard Branson.
- Vinyl lives…in your bathroom.
- We have the first confirmed act for the 50th anniversary Woodstock festival this August: Santana.
- Alexa has a new newscaster voice.
- Spotify has a new thing called “car mode” designed to help drivers.
- Mariah Carey is being sued by her former assistant.
- This woman touched Justin Timberlake. She’s now charging people $2 to shake the band that touched him. (Via Tom)