Published on January 25th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, January 25, 2019
We were almost mistakenly vaporized on this day in 1995. Fortunately, cooler heads prevailed. Ponder that as you go through music news for January 25, 2019.
- You know the Native American protestor in that video with the MAGA hat-wearing kids that’s been in the news this week? He was once in a Skrillex video.
- Mini-golf with U2? It happened. (Via Karl)
- “Trump’s shutdown is his version of the Fyre Festival.” Discuss.
- Here’s a cool kind of musical gig for a composer. Rare, but definitely cool.
- Speaking of cool, this new tech beams audio across rooms using frickin’ lasers.
- The lawsuit against a YouTube stream-ripping site filed by the US music industry has been dismissed. Interesting…
- This app will sell you tickets to shows. The trick is, you don’t know what gig you’ll be seeing.
- Can AI be creative? Let’s ask science!
- French streaming service Deezer has added the ability for Android users in the UK to access up to 30,000 radio stations. Expect this to roll out worldwide on all OS platforms.
- New Broken Social Scene! Listen here.
- The nurse accused of impregnating a woman in a coma used to be a
memberof a Christian rap group.