Random music news for Friday, January 28, 2022
One day, one of these strange signals will turn out to be actual aliens. Until then, I’ll keep gathering music news. Here’s what’s happening on January 28, 2022.
- Did you notice the strange Spotify outage yesterday between 10 and 11 am ET? And the day after the Neil Young issue, too. Coincidence?
- The kind of battle we’re seeing between Neil Young and Joe Rogan/Spotify won’t be over for a while. Here’s why.
- Is Brad Pitt dating Lykke Li? No.
- Dolly Parton has a new line of Duncan Hines cake mixes. They’re so popular that they’re pretty much sold out.
- There’s a new Bob Marley soccer jersey.
- “How heavy metal music helps me understand Trump supporters.”
- Metal Edge magazine is back in an online form.
- Glen Matlock of the Sex Pistols has a new record deal.
- The Elwins have broken up. Too much pressure from the COVID situation.
- A UK watchdog is going to investigate all the practices around streaming. This could get interesting.
- There are doubts that Adele will EVER play Las Vegas.
- Kid Rock says Donald Trump is “proud of him.” Yay.
- And of COURSE Ted Nugent is proud of Meat Loaf for being an anti-vaxxer. Note to Ted: Meat’s dead. It was COVID.
- Into punk drummers? There’s a new book on the subject coming called Forbidden Beat.
- TikTok and…jazz? Maybe.
More news? Check here.
BONUS: Did…did Grover drop an F-bomb? (Once you check out the clip about sixty times, watch this for something interesting about it.) (Via Tom)
@porkchop_pete Grover’s Potty Mouth #sesamestreet #grover #whatdidyouhear #kidsshows #hearingchallenge #jimmykimmel ♬ original sound – Porkchop Pete