On this day in 1984, Michael Jackson’s head caught on fire during the filming of a Pepsi commercial. Some stories suggest that the pain from these injuries were the beginning of a reliance on prescription drugs.
And now, the music news.
- Think “6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon” is interesting? Try “6 Degrees of Vince Gill.” Give it a try because it’s pretty cool. (Via Ivar)
- Just when you think that Martin Shkreli couldn’t be more of an asshole, he once again outdoes himself.
- And he’s also dissing Ghostface Killah. Like I said… (Via Tom)
- Anthrax, one of the Big 4 of metal bands, has been profiled by the Smithsonian Institute. (Via Tom)
- The Eagles were a billion-dollar road band. A BILLION dollars.
- What’s going on with the Guns ‘N Roses reunion lineup?
- David Bowie’s son Duncan (formerly known as Zowie) thanks fans for their support.
- An interesting interview with Daniel Lanois. (Via Michael)
- I stumbled upon the names of Mariah Carey’s eight dogs: Cha Cha, Jackie Lambchops, JJ, Jill E Beans, Squeak E Beans, The Good Reverend Pow Jackson, Pipitty L Jackson, Mutley P Gore and Jackson The Third. Try not to use that information for evil purposes.
- Speaking of whom. you know how Brad and Angelina are known as “Brangelina?” Australian writers have come up for a name for Mariah and her finance, James Packer. They’re to be referred to as “Pariah.”
- Is Amazon thinking about spinning off Amazon Prime Music into a standalone service?
- Sting for the NBA All-Star Game halftime show?