Published on January 4th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Friday, January 4, 2019
What are the Chinese going to find on the far side of the moon? Better yet, what are they going to do there? Ponder that as we go through music news for January 4, 2019.
- Courtney Love and daughter Frances Bean now have a restraining order against one of Courtney’s ex-managers.
- Apple has patented a new type of fabric. This could be interesting.
- Barack Obama has a song on Billboard’s Hot R&B chart.
- If you’re a DJ or music producer, this new app looks like it could be a lot of fun.
- Spotify’s blog takes a dive into what music fandom looks like in 2019.
- It’s embarrassing when this happens, but the show must go on.
- Taylor Swift is shutting down her social media app, The Swift Life.
- R Kelly is already not having a good year.
- Happy ending: April Wine’s Myles Goodwyn was reunited with a guitar that was stolen 46 years ago.
- Cool! A new David Bowie AR app narrated by Gary Oldman.
- The Louvre is apparently very grateful to Beyonce and Jay-Z.
- Drake is being blamed for the misfortunes of the Alabama Crimson Tide football team.
- It looks like Technics might be ready with a new version of the SL-1200 turntable.
- Tony Bennett was in DC for the congressional handover.