If you’re the kind of person who enjoys doomscrolling, take a look at this. If you can, move from that to music news for Friday, January 8, 2020.
- Looks like Senator Amy Klobuchar is a
Foo Fighters Coup Fighters fan.
- And Jamiroquai was trending on Twitter during Wednesday’s Capitol riot for a weird reason.
- Into TikTok? Here’s how things looked in 2020.
- Apparently, the last straw for Kim was Kanye’s run for president.
- As Dr. Dre recovers from a brain aneurysm in the hospital, he agreed to pay his estranged wife US$2 million in spousal support.
- Can summer music festivals in the UK be saved this year? We’re not sure.
- Need some laughs? Try these funny Internet moments from 2020.
- Livestream concerts are here to stay. Here’s why.
- Here’s a good list: six controversial metal bands who were banned in various places around the world. (Andrew)
- I had no idea Kevin Smith shot another ending to Clerks. Beware: This is dark. (Via Sean)
- FIVE Maybachs? That’s, like US$2 million worth of cars for Christmas.
- The former road manager for the Happy Mondays was caught in Turkey with £80 million worth of coke.
- Miley Cyrus has recorded a Metallica covers album with Elton John, Chad Smith, and, er, Yo-Yo Ma.
- Relax, Weeknd fans. It’s prosthetic makeup designed to troll.
- Warner Music has signed a deal with TikTok as more labels jump onboard. There’s much money to be made.
- Spotify’s “white noise” problem.
- If you’re a fan of Irish music, check out the shortlist for the Irish Album of the Year prize.