Published on July 17th, 2015 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, July 17, 2015
Here’s hoping for a better day. Still in Montego Bay as a guest of Reggae SumFest–and last night went really, really late. I learned of a drink called a Steel Baton: JB white rum and Guinness. Be very, very careful with that one. Here’s a local review what happened at Catherine Hall last night.
Here’s what’s making music news today.
- Dave Grohls and Sonic Highways have been nominated for an Emmy.
- Speaking of which, here is more music-and-Emmys news.
- Things are looking even more grim for Whitney Houston’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina.
- It’s turning out to be a good year for the concert industry in terms of box office grosses.
- The new City and Colour single is going to be nine minutes long. Here’s a two-minute preview.
- Courtney Love says she’s “over music” and that acting is “a different kind of rock’n’roll.”
- Damon Albarn really wants to do another Gorillaz album.
- Music revenues have rebounded nicely in Sweden.
- Interesting: Amazon sold more music than Apple in the UK last year.
- Nick Cave comments on the tragic death of his son.
- ICP vs. the IRS. Uh-oh. You know who’s gonna win this one.
- Here are more thoughts about moving new release day from Tuesday to Friday. (Via Danny)
- Royalty payments to artists. The situation is crazier than you know.
- Jay Z’s Tidal has been slapped with a $50 million lawsuit. (Via Pamela Chelin)
- Glenn Danzig may be 60, but you should never, ever mess with the guy.
- Lil Wayne to record label” “F-you!” Um, hang on a sec…